Sunday, September 11, 2011

We Can Find Satisfaction, Even when our Questions Go Unanswered

Have you ever had a question that you longed to answer, searched for the answer, but never found one? I have these questions all the time. Sometimes, the answer eventually comes in revelation; maybe in the car during rush hour traffic, or when I'm begrudgingly pulling weeds. Other times, it doesn't come at all. Those are the hard questions. They are usually the "why" questions. My comfort comes in knowing that God knows the answer. He knows if and when I need to know it as well. I now find peace in trusting that He will reveal all things in His time. Ironically, it is because of these unanswered questions, and the faith that He has it under control, that raises my feelings of peace and comfort! It seems so strange, but it is true. When I surrender myself to Him, with all that I am and have, I can breath deep and rest assured that when the time is right, He will come through; and He does...without fail. He is faithful. His grace is enough. Sometimes we get distracted by the need to be able to answer all of our questions. Sometimes, we create the answers we seek out of our desire for peace and understanding. That is when the real trouble starts. This is when we alienate others by adding to what the Bible tells us, or doesn't tell us. The truth is that we can't add anything of value to His Word. The value comes when we can wait on Him, trust in His timing, and know with everything we have that He has got it all under control. The questions may never stop coming up, but we don't have to let them uproot our contentment in Him. Take comfort in knowing that we can truly "Be still and know that (he) is God."

No comments:

Post a Comment