Friday, August 12, 2011

A Clear Vision

Sometimes I feel like I am walking around with my glasses on top of my head, only putting them on when I know for sure something beautiful is happening in front of me and I want to see it clearly. My daily walk with God is often like this. During a powerful worship service, among prophecies that are being given, when I am at a great women's retreat, or sometimes when I write, whenever I expect Him to be moving mightily, I feel his glory and presence; like I can reach out my hand and touch His cheek or curl up in His lap and just revel in His love. The thing that I often forget is that His presence is always powerful and glorious; it's my perspective that changes. He is still there when I am making 150 photocopies of a test. He is there later that same week when I am grading my 150th test. He is even there during the meeting that seems to never end. If I just put myself in that place of openness to His presence, I will feel Him during the mundane times as well as the spiritually amazing times. I just need to wear my glasses no matter where I go, that way I can see beauty even when I least expect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment