Thursday, August 11, 2011

Faithfulness is More Than an Ideal

When the Israelites crossed the Red Sea, I am sure that among them was a girl with a checkered past, a strong and stubborn mind, and a sometimes fearful and untrusting heart; a girl exactly like me. And yet, she wasn't a coincidence, a stowaway, or an extra. She was wonderfully made by Him. He was just as faithful to her as He was to Moses, Aaron, and Miriam, after all, they all crossed that river together. Because He is unchanging, He is the same God today as he was back then and His faithfulness to me is the same as it was to that girl long ago. I can stand strong in His faithfulness, confident in knowing that He knew exactly what He was doing back then, and He knows exactly what He is doing now. I can trust Him in every aspect of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment